Advanced Pranayama with Robert Moses
The aim of these classes is to learn the mechanics of deep breathing and yogic breathing exercises (pranayama) that will help calm the sympathetic nervous system, boost the parasympathetic nervous system, enhance the immune system, and maintain emotional and mental balance in these stressful times. Theory is good but a regular daily practice is more essential. We follow the major kumbhakas (breath retentions) outlined in the Hathapradeepika of Yogi Svatmarama (circa 15th. century CE.) with a lot of scientific explanation and verification.
Register below and read the Tips to Prepare & FAQ.
Graphic by Satya Moses. On Instagram @satya.mo and satyamoses.com
ADVANCED PRANAYAMA: OCTOBER 9-30, 2020: 4 CLASSES ON FRIDAYS 7:30-8:30 AM USA Eastern Time.
If you have taken the Beginners and Intermediate Classes and wish to further and deepen your regular pranayama practice then this class is for you. The use of kriyas, kumbhakas, bandhas and mudras and their combination with basic asanas will help to focus the mind, stabilize the nervous system, unite prana with apana and lead to a general energized sense of well-being and awakening. Registrants should have a moderate balanced lifestyle, regular sleep, a healthy diet and avoidance of stimulants. If you’re unable to donate please email me to enroll or learn more. All classes are recorded and available here by password in case time zone is an issue.
Tips to Prepare & FAQ
- Download Zoom here and create a free account to become familiar with it beforehand. Not essential as Zoom will automatically download when you join your first meeting.
- Arrange a place where you can either sit cross-legged on the floor, or on a straight backed chair in front of your computer for the class. Be comfortable. Use blankets or cushions. We will end with a relaxation so try to have some space to lie down on your back.
- Please don’t eat beforehand. Warm liquids are OK about 30 minutes beforehand. Wash hands well before class as we will be touching our noses.
- If you know neti (cleansing the nasal cavities) please do it before the class. If you do not know neti simply wash your nasal cavities out with warm water to enable you to breathe more freely.
- Watch (and download) this video we made for focusing the mind, warming up the body and boosting the immune system. Please try to do these before the breathing class. Do them daily. To download the video click on the Vimeo logo on the bottom right hand of the pop-up screen and it will take you to Vimeo’s page to download.
- If you would like to start immediately – before the dates above, please email me for recorded classes