Puja Workshop with Eddie Stern & Robert Moses
Learn how to do a Puja (worship) at home.
A workshop with Eddie Stern and Robert Moses on Zoom.
There are 3 sessions. Please attend all of them for continuity. Times are USA Eastern Time (like New York). The whole workshop will be recorded and posted online (with a password) for those who cannot attend the live sessions.
- Friday October 23: 6:15 – 7:15 PM
- Saturday October 24: 7:00 – 9:00 AM
- Saturday October 24: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Puja is a Sanskrit word that means worship, adoration of the Gods, and purification of karma. It is one of the central observances of the Hindu tradition. Worship of the Gods also appears in texts such as the Yoga Yagnavalkya as one of the ten niyamas, called Ishvarapujana, and so puja also is one of the practices of yoga. Puja has been a central practice for both Robert and Eddie for over 30 years. Though they are not pujaris or purohits, this weekend they will share and guide you through a simple puja that you can begin performing on your own as a devotional practice.
- The items you will need for worship
- How to construct your own home altar
- A five offering puja
- A sixteen offering puja
- The twelve names of Ganesh
- The meaning behind each of the offerings
- How to use mantra in puja
- A procedure for daily mantra practice
- How to worship deities other than Ganesh in a simple puja
- A colorful manual with all the sanskrit slokas is included.